Asian Lettuce Wraps
Looking for a spicy fare that will leave you feeling light and nourished? This recipe wraps asian flavored ground beef in lettuce for a tasty and healthy meal in minutes.
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 10-15 min
- 1lb Ground Beef (Grass-Fed 90/10 is great)
- 1 Head of Iceberg Lettuce
- Handful of Peanuts (salted) – crushed
- Bundle of Spring Onions (aka: Green Onions) – chopped
- Bean Threads or Rice Noodles or Glass Noodles
- 1 Egg
- Garlic (2 cloves minced)
- Terriyaki Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Red Chili Paste
- Spicy Mustard
- Heat a Cast Iron Skillet on medium (medium-low if its cast iron) with a little oil in it and drop in the beef and garlic.
- Splash a generous amount of teriyaki and soy sauce in there.
- As you brown the beef, stir regularly and drop in the crushed peanuts and the chopped spring onions.
- Move the meat to the sides of the pan and crack your egg in the center to fry. After its cooked, stir it in with the meat.
- Follow instructions on package for the noodles/threads (usually let them sit in Hot water for 5-10 minutes). Then throw them in the pan with the meat and reduce to a simmer (low heat).
- Tear large leafs of lettuce from the head and serve the meat with the chili and mustard on the side.
Tips & Tricks:
- This makes good leftovers. Just store the lettuce and meat separate, and microwave the meat.
- If you like it spicy you can throw the chili paste and spicy mustard in while the meat is cooking.
- If it tastes bland you weren’t generous enough with the sauces–add more.
- If it tastes too salty you were too generous–add some lime and some more meat.
- Best served with Egg Rolls.
If you liked this recipe share it with your friends; Pinterest, Reddit, or wherever.