Backyard BBQ Salad
Summertime is a great time to grill some chicken and enjoy some fresh vegetables in this delicious Backyard BBQ Salad.
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 10 min
- Lettuce (pre-mixed bags work great)
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 3 slices of Salami (chopped or torn into small bits)
- Shredded Cheese (cheddar or colby jack)
- Salad Toppers (whatever flavor you like)
- Corn Kernels
- Ranch Dressing
- BBQ Sauce
- Red Onion (chopped small)
- Tomato (chopped small) (optional)
- Season the chicken with whatever you’ve got lying around (salt, pepper, garlic pepper, creole seasoning, etc.) then grill until done (juices run clear and internal temp is 165º. Cut into thin slices and set aside.
- If you have fresh corn on the cob, toss it on the grill also to cook. Otherwise you can use canned corn, or frozen corn kernels. Prep them (rinse, drain, cook, etc.) and toss into your salad bowl.
- Dump the lettuce, and all the other ingredients (except the Ranch Dressing and BBQ Sauce) into your salad bowl and mix well.
- Mix the Ranch Dressing & BBQ Sauce (50/50 ratio) into a cup and use this as the dressing for your salad.
Tips & Tricks:
- Play around with the ingredients and use some of what you have at the house. I had some extra peppers lying around, so I tossed them in and they were great.
- You could also consider: Hard Boiled Egg, Croutons, or other complimentary flavors.
- If you want to keep leftovers, store the salad without the dressing on it (otherwise it gets soggy).
Thanks for visiting Bachelor Cooking. We hope you find these recipes bachelor friendly and easy to recreate.