Chipotle Chicken Tacos
Chicken Tacos are good, but when you can slow-cook the chicken in a delicious blend of mexican flavors–everything goes from good to a-word-that-is-better-than-good. Try this new Bachelor Cooking recipe next time you’re hankering something with some spice.
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 6 hrs
- 1.5 lbs of skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
- 1/4 can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (diced)
- 8oz of your favorite salsa
- 4oz of water
- Chicken Bouillon Seasoning
- A sprinkle of Garlic Powder
- A little bit of diced yellow and/or green onion (for flavor and color)
- Cheese (garnish)
- Cilantro (garnish)
- Tomato (garnish)
- Lettuce (garnish)
- Avocado (garnish)
- Throw the chicken into the slow-cooker.
- Pout the salsa over the chicken.
- Add Water and Chicken Bouillon Seasoning
- Dice your chipotle peppers and add them to the mixture.
- Add seasonings and onions
- Cook for 6 hrs, stirring occasionally, and shredding the chicken after 4 hours.
- Serve on warm tortillas with cheese, cilantro, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and more onion (as desired)
These tacos turned out so good I couldn’t get a good photo before they were devoured.
Serve the tacos with optional garnish if you’d like.
Tips & Tricks:
- You can shred the chicken in the slow-cooker if you use a non-metal utensil so you don’t scratch your cookware–otherwise pull the chicken breasts out, shred them and throw them back in.
- This is also delicious with Ensalada Mexicana and Chips-N-Salsa.
- My favorite cheese on mexican dishes is Queso Fresco.
Bachelor Cooking recipes are always designed to be easy and tasty.