Corned Beef & Potatoes
How about a little taste of the Irish? This corned beef brisket is a great ‘meat & potatoes’ meal that is the staple for any bachelor interested in cooking.
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 12+ hrs
- Corned Beef Brisket (point or flat)
- Potatoes (Russet or Yukon Gold or whatever is cheap)
- Yellow Onions (2 medium)
- Wash & cut up the potatoes into quarters (1/4th the original size) then place in the slow cooker.
- Cut the onion into quarters (1/4th the original size) then place in the slow cooker.
- Put the meat in the slow cooker.
- If the meat came with a seasoning packet pour the contents into the slow cooker.
- Add about half a glass of water
- Cook on low* (flip the meat over once or twice before it’s done) [high if you need it quicker]
Best times to cook:
- Start before bed and cook through the night. Will be done around lunch time the next day.
- Start before bed and cook through the night and the day, will be super tender by dinner.
- Start as soon as you get up and cook through the day. Will be done for a a late dinner.
Tips & Tricks:
- “Corned” brisket just describes the way its been cured. It has a very red color even after it’s cooked and tastes very salty.
- The longer you cook it the more tender it will be.
- Cut against the grain of the meat when you’re ready to serve it.
- If you don’t have a slow cooker you can put it in a roasting pan and in the oven on the lowest setting.
Visit Bachelor Cooking often as we continue to put out more and more delicious recipes.