French Toast by itself is simple enough, but with just a few tweaks you can have some really excellent french toast. I’m talking about a breakfast so good, it’ll make people wake up early. The smell of vanilla, the aroma of fresh bread, the sound of the sizzle, and all of it collimating into that first delicious bite. Enjoy this bachelor approved version of french toast.
Prep Time: 7 min Cook Time: 8 min
- 1/2 a loaf of French Bread (cut into thick slices)
- 4 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 sprinkles of Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- Butter & Syrup & Powdered Sugar (toppings)
- Crack the Eggs into a large flat bottomed dish (preferably something with sides).
- Mix in the Milk, Cinnamon, Vanilla.
- Cut your French Bread into thick slices (like 1-1.5 inches thick).
- Soak your bread in the egg bath, turning at least once to get it on both sides.
- Heat your electric griddle to 350º and add a little Butter to keep everything from sticking.
- Next, plop the french toast onto the griddle and cook for 3-4 minutes (until golden brown on the bottom) then flip over and cook the other side.
- Serve with butter, syrup, and powdered sugar.
The type of bread you use is the biggest key to success in making delicious french toast. Don’t just use whatever you have lying around. Instead, go out and buy some fresh french bread. It’s the bakery section of just about any grocery store–and it’s pretty cheap.
Vanilla Extract is also a key ingredient. The imitation stuff works decently enough, but if you can get your hands on some of the real stuff, it will add a whole new dimension of flavor to your french toast.
Lastly, if you don’t already have an electric griddle, go ahead and pick up an inexpensive one, like this one here from Presto:
These electric griddles are perfect for when your making pancakes, french toast, eggs, or hash browns for all your roommates. Lots of space to work, and low edges to make it easy to flip whatever you’re frying up.
Thanks for visiting Bachelor Cooking! Remember to tell your friends that it’s the perfect place to find quick and easy recipes.