General Tso’s Chicken & Rice
Interested in trying your hand at cooking some Asian food? Try this easy bachelor recipe for a good start.
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 15-20 min
- Chicken (I buy the bag of frozen skinless chicken breasts and then defrost as much as I need)
- White Rice (If you have a rice cooker–use that. If not buy some white instant rice)
- General Tso Sauce (in a bottle–brand doesn’t really matter)
- Cut up the defrosted chicken breasts into small bite size chunks.
- Cook the rice (following the directions on the package).
- Put a little oil (about a silver dollar size) into a Cast Iron Skillet or pan and cook your chicken breasts on a medium heat stirring as needed.
- Before the chicken is fully cooked (but after it’s mostly cooked–about 3-5 minutes) add the Tso Sauce and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for up to 10 minutes.
- Put rice in the bowl. Add your saucy chicken on top.
Tips & Tricks
- Chicken is done when the juices run clear.
- Chicken is done when there is no more pink in the center.
- Rice doesn’t keep well as a leftover unless you have lots of sauce.
Check back often for more Bachelor Cooking recipes.