Normally pies are a delicious, sweet treat; but this savory adaptation makes a great meal on-the-go.
Prep Time: 1 hr Cook Time: 30 min
- 9 cups flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups warm water
- 10 cups Ham (cut up)
- 10 teaspoon cheese
- 10 eggs
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Mix 2 eggs (just the yolks) & 1 teaspoon oil to brush on top of the pies. Set aside for later.
- Make the crust by combining ingredients into a bowl and mixing until dough-like texture.
- Sprinkle some flour on your work area to keep it non-stick. And roll out the dough into pie shaped circles.
- Mix together the ham, cheese, eggs, and pepper in a food processor.
- Spoon out a bunch of the meat mixture into your dough circle and then press closed in a half-moon shape (almost like an omelette).
- Grease pan (cookie sheet), set pies on the pan, brush the top of the pies with the egg/oil mixture and bake at 375° for 30 min.
These save well and work great as a meal on the go.