Salads aren’t normally “bachelor food”, but I’ve found if you throw enough bacon and other goodies on a salad you can’t even taste that it’s healthy. Welcome the Bachelor Cooking House Salad:
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 7 min
- Lettuce (about 1/2 a head)
- Spinach (a couple handfulls)
- Avocado (1)
- Bacon (1/2 lb)
- Feta Cheese (2 oz)
- Red Onion (a little)
- Olives (black and/or green)
- Dressing of your choice
- Start first by frying up the bacon. It can cook while you do the other steps.
- Wash and tear the lettuce and spinach into small bite size pieces.
- Cut up the avocado, olives, & red onion into small or big chunks depending on how you like it.
- When the bacon is done dab it with a paper towel to soak up excess grease. Crumble/crush it over the salad.
- Mix everything together.
Tips & Tricks:
- Don’t add anything you don’t like.
- Try things that you think you don’t like.
- Add grilled chicken if you want more protein.
- Croutons get soggy so do NOT add those until you are ready to eat (leftovers)
- Avocado goes brown (oxidation) quickly, it’s still good–but you can prevent the discoloring by leaving the seed/pit in the container.
- The less dressing you use the healthier this salad remains.
We hope that you are enjoying the Bachelor Cooking website–visit often, there are new recipes being released often.