Indian – Butter Masala & Madras Curry
Up for something spicy (that won’t set your mouth on fire)? Turn to the culinary tastes of the East and try this quick and delicious meal. Butter Masala & Madras Curry can both be cooked following this simple Bachelor-proof recipe.
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 25 min
- Chicken (skinless, boneless, breasts work best); cut into bite sized pieces (1 medium sized breast per person)
- Rice (Basmati or Jasmine is best, but white long grain works too); about 1 cup per person
- 1 Jar of your favorite indian sauce (see photo below)
- Naan Bread (buy it at the grocery store in the bread section–it looks like pita bread sort of)
- Some spices (optional); curry powder, tarragon, cinnamon, chili powder, chicken bouillon, salt
- A) In a Rice Cooker: add the rice and the water to the cook level and throw in a bunch of the spices listed above and cook. B) Follow the instruction on the rice bag to cook on a stove top.
- Toss the chicken in a Cast Iron Skillet on medium-ish (splash a bit of oil to keep it from sticking) and start pan frying up that chicken. When it’s just about done reduce heat to low/simmer and pour over the Indian Sauce.
- Let the chicken simmer for 15 min.
- Pop the naan bread in the oven for like 5 min to get it warm and fresh.
- Serve the chicken over the rice with the bread on the side. Enjoy
Tips & Tricks:
- The spices that are optionally added to the rice give it extra kick–lots of indian restaurants just serve it with plain steamed rice.
- Traditionally, most indian families eat a meal like this without silverware–just using their hand.
- Be generous with the sauce.
Thanks for reading Bachelor Cooking, if you or your man friend have any questions feel free to reach out to us on Twitter @bachelor_cookin