Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
Everyone knows that tacos are delicious, but what not everyone realizes is that a diet filled with too much fatty meats can have long-term negative health effects. So what if we took those same delicious tacos and filled them with something healthy every once in a while? It doesn’t have to be all the time, and I guarantee it will still taste great. Plus your heart (and your mother) will thank you.
We present a bachelor’s guide to sneaking vegetables into a taco. Or the Roasted Cauliflower Taco
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 20 min Serves: 4-6
- 1 package Tortillas (corn of flour)
- 1 head of Cauliflower (cut into flowerets)
- 1 Jalapeño (sliced into thin rings)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Carne Asada Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Hot Sauce
- Red Cabbage
- Wash the cauliflower and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut the cauliflower into flowerets (small pieces of cauliflower “tree-tops”)
- Slice the jalapeño into thin rings.
- Place the jalapeño and cauliflower on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with seasoning (including salt) to taste.
- Bake at 425º for 17-20 minutes (or until soft and tender)
- Warm up your tortillas on a cast iron skillet on the stove top.
- Fill the tacos with your cauliflower and top with whatever you have/want.
- I raided my fridge to find what I had that could possibly go on top of a taco, the toppings I used aren’t the only things that are available. You could also use beans, avocado, tomato, pickled onion, etc. There are so many great taco toppings–so just use whatever you have.