Slow Cooker Chuck Roast
Whether you’re planning to be gone for a few hours or need to focus on something else around the house, a slow cooker will help you make the perfect dish without having to do any babysitting. Try this Bachelor Cooking style Chuck Roast in your slow cooker this weekend.
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 5 hrs
- Chuck Roast (~2.5 lbs)
- Carrots (1/2 lb; cut into 2 inch segments)
- Potatoes (6; cut into bite sized pieces)
- Yellow Onion (1/2; cut into quarters)
- Garlic (4 cloves; chopped thin)
- Rosemary (2 sprigs)
- Olive Oil (2-3 tablespoons)
- Meat Rub (seasoning)
- Salt & Pepper
- Starting with Potatoes, then moving to garlic, and onion. Chop up the ingredients using the notes above and add them to the slow cooker in layers.
- OPTIONAL: Heat up a Cast Iron Skillet on medium-high heat with some oil and sear the sides of the roast (3-5 min). It should brown nicely.
- Season the roast with your favorite rub; or just use salt and pepper. Then place it in the slow cooker on top of the potatoes, garlic, and onions.
- Add the chopped carrots, and the sprigs of rosemary. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for ~5 hours.
- The roast is “done” when it falls apart with a fork. Slow cooking a cut of meat like this makes it so tender and juicy.
- Cooking the meat on top of the potatoes (along with a little oil) helps to add flavor to what would otherwise be bland potatoes. Your potatoes are essentially boiled in meat juice (so tasty!).
- Add more salt and pepper as necessary.
- There is no need to stir this dish. Set it and forget it (for no more than 6 hours).
This is an incredible dish for any bachelor to make for their significant other. It has color, it has aroma, it has flavor, and it’s super easy! Check back often for more Bachelor Cooking recipes.