Tacos are so great because you can make them so many different ways. One of the best ways to have tacos is with some tasty carnitas (Spanish for “little meats”). Try this super easy recipe for delicious carnitas tacos.
Prep Time: 25 min Cook Time: 3 hrs
- Pork Shoulder Roast (boneless 3lbs)
- Vegetable Oil (3 tablespoons)
- Yellow Onion (1/2 chopped small)
- Garlic (4 cloves chopped small)
- Water (2.5 cups)
- Carne Asada Seasoning (a few generous shakes)
- Salt (some–but not too much)
- Oregano (a little sprinkle)
- Crushed Red Pepper (depending on how spicy you like it)
- Bay Leaves (2)
- Trim the fat off of the Pork Shoulder, then cut it into 1.5″ cubes.
- In a dutch oven over medium-high heat brown the meat, stirring to cook evenly.
- Remove the meat and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to your dutch oven; cook until lightly browned and tender.
- Add the meat back in.
- Add water and all seasonings, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer covered for 2 hours.
- Simmer uncovered for another hour or so (until the liquid has evaporated).
Tips & Tricks:
- Some people like to splash some orange juice in the liquid mixture when they bring it to a boil.
- Garnish with some cilantro and some chopped onion.
- Warm your tortillas and serve everything hot.
Thanks for visiting Bachelor Cooking. If you enjoyed this recipe consider sharing it with a friend.