Mashed Potatoes & Summer-Time Salad
Mashed Potatoes & Salad can complete any meat dish. So next time you’ve got part of a meal, but need something else to seal the deal, pull up this recipe for mashed potatoes and summer-time salad.
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 45 min
Ingredients for Mashed Potatoes:
- 8 Potatoes (medium sized; cut into cubes)
- Seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder, creole seasoning, & Italian seasoning)
- Milk (1 cup)
- Butter (2/3 stick)
- Sour Cream (or Cream Cheese) about 8oz.
Directions for Mashed Potatoes:
- After cutting all the potatoes into cubes drop them into a large pot of boiling water and boil them for about 35 minutes (or until soft).
- Turn the stove heat to low and dump the potatoes into a strainer (to remove the water).
- Add the butter to the hot pot and toss the potatoes back in. Mix well.
- Mash them with a fork or cooking spoon, or an electric mixer.
- Add the Milk and Sour Cream and mix well.
- Add your seasonings a little at a time and then taste to know when its seasoned enough.
- Continue to mix well and add more milk (to thin) or sour cream (to thicken).
Ingredients for Salad:
- Bag of pre-mixed Salad (mixed green)
- Strawberries (sliced thin and small)
- Candied Pecans
- Feta Cheese
- Raspberry Dressing (or something else that’s nice)
Directions for Salad:
- Mix it all together in a bowl and serve with dressing.
Tips & Tricks:
- Serve with the Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken.
- Or, serve it alongside just about anything.
Thanks for visiting Bachelor Cooking!