Devils on Horseback
Need a fancy appetizer that ‘s easy to make? Stop showing up to parties with “pigs in a blanket”, and upgrade your game with this fancy hors-d’oeuvre. These dates are also great for a romantic “date” [pun]!
Prep Time: 7 min Cook Time: 20 min
- Bacon (12 slices)
- Dates (12 sliced in half)
- Goat Cheese (6 oz)
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- The bacon strips are too long, trim them a bit shorter (cut them down to 3/4 length).
- Cut your Dates in half (long ways) and open them up. Remove the pit if they have pits. Fill each with 1/2 oz of Goat Cheese.
- Wrap all of your stuffed Dates with Bacon and place on a baking sheet
- Bake for 10 min, then flip/turn the “Devils on Horseback”, and bake for another 10 min (or until golden brown).
- The bacon tends to get greasy, so when you remove them from the pan, put them on a plate with paper towels to catch the extra grease.
- It’s a good idea to put aluminum foil down on your baking sheet. It makes clean up easier.
- Use all the bacon if you want, but I think it makes it too salty/greasy.
We hope you enjoy these recipes. Bachelors looking to learn to cook should check back here often for all the easiest recipes.