Zesty Grilled Cheese
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 10 min
- Sourdough Bread (2 slices)
- Red Onion (1/3 ; chopped small)
- Balsamic Vinegar (2 spoon fulls)
- Brown Sugar (2 spoons full)
- Swiss Cheese (2 slices)
- Optional: Bacon
- Optional: Additional Cheeses
- Chop up the Red Onion and drop it into a hot pan with a little Butter.
- As you brown up the onion, add your Balsamic Vinegar.
- After another minute or two drop in the Brown Sugar to your onion mixture.
- When the onion becomes soft and translucent, scoop it out and drop in your pieces of bread (buttered) into your hot pan.
- As the sides of the bread toast, add your cheese and onions back in and assemble your grilled cheese.
Tips & Tricks:
- Play with the vinegar/sugar ration to get just the right flavor (depending on if you like it sweeter or tangier).
- Cook until the cheese is melted and stringy.
Thanks for visiting Bachelor Cooking; where we are helping the young guys live on more than just ramen noodles.