The Bachelor’s Breakfast Quiche (pronounced “Keesh”) is an excellent mixture of all your breakfast proteins, with a crust of hash-browns. It’s like a grand-slam meal all baked in a pie dish.
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 20 min
- 1 Small Package of frozen Hash Browns
- 6 slices of bacon (cut in half)
- 1/2 a tube of breakfast sausage (I used “Maple” flavored)
- 10 eggs
- Spring Onions (a few of them chopped)
- Handful of Cheese
- Seasonings & Spices (Salt & Pepper, or my favorite Tony’s Creole)
- In a pan begin to fry the bacon and brown the sausage.
- In a bowl crack all your eggs and then whisk them until its all yellow.
- Spread out a layer of hash browns into a greased pie pan (spray it with non-stick spray).
- Note: You can make the layer of hash browns as thick as you’d like. I made it about 3/4 of an inch (give or take).
- Now take your bacon and make a layer of it on top of the hash browns.
- Pour the egg over the bacon.
- Sprinkle the sausage in and throughout.
- Drop in some of the spring onions (for color and a pop of taste)
- Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes then pull it out and sprinkle cheese on top
- Continue baking for another 10 minutes or so (until you can cut into the quiche and the eggs are not runny).
Tips & Tricks:
- This makes great breakfast left-overs. Make it on a Saturday when you have the time and eat from it all week as your run out the door and need something protein-packed that’s quick. Just warm it up either in the oven or microwave.
- I served this Breakfast Quiche with Waffles, Bacon, Sausage, and Cinnamon Rolls.
- You can add or subtract things to make it your own. Traditionally a quiche like this would be served in a pastry crust instead of hash-browns–but Bachelor Cooking has their own way of doing things.
Bookmark Bachelor Cooking and visit often to catch our weekly update of new recipes.