Bell Pepper Brunch
23 min / 1 Serving / / Print /
Next time you oversleep and want to combat those judgmental eyes that stare you down for eating breakfast after 10:30am, just stare back at them and silently mouth the word, “Brunch”; and then whip up this little number and show them just how much pizazz you and your bell pepper have.
Prep Time: 3 min Cook Time: 20 min +
- 1 Bell Pepper (Red)
- 1 Egg
- 2 oz Chorizo Sausage
- 3 oz of Deli Meat (Cajun Turkey)
- Cut off a section of your pepper so that it’s shaped like a bowl.
- Place the pepper on an oven-safe Cast Iron Skillet; and pop into a pre-heated oven. Broil at 400 for like 5-10 minutes (or until the outside of the pepper begins to blister).
- Pull the Cast Iron Skillet out and put it on the stove over medium (medium-low) heat.
- With the pepper pushed to the side, cook the chorizo for 3 minutes and then crack an egg an top of the cooking chorizo.
- Stir/Mix occasionally to cook evenly.
- While the egg and chorizo are finishing throw the deli meat of your choice (I recommend cajun turkey or southwest chicken breast) into the pan to sort of fry/cook as well.
- Note: This deli meat is already cooked, so you really just want to warm it up and maybe sear parts of it for flavor/texture.
- Gather the chorizo, egg, and meat together and stuff it into the pepper (which should still be on the pan).
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks:
- If you have a smoker; throw a pepper or too into the smoker next time you smoke your meat. Then use them in this recipe and skip the step in the oven.
- This recipe is a bit healthier if you don’t cook the pepper, and you trade chorizo for some spicy seasonings in the eggs.
- You could serve this with chips and salsa or some fresh tropical fruit (think mangos).
Thanks for visiting Bachelor Cooking. We hope you enjoy these recipes.