Egg, Sausage, & Cheese Bagel
This Bachelor recipe combines excellent breakfast proteins to create a wonderful meal that can be eaten at the table or on the go.
Prep Time: 2 min Cook Time: 8 min
- 1 Bagel (I like everything bagels)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Slice of cheese (I used colby-jack)
- 1 sausage patty (taken from a tube of ground sausage)
- Open the tube of sausage and using your hands, mold a thin patty (about bagel sized) and throw into a skillet/pan on medium heat.
- Once the sausage has cooked for about 5-6 minutes crack the eggs into the pan and let them cook without being touched until they are no longer clear (they should turn white). Then flip them.
- Put your bagels in the toaster and give them a good toasting.
- When the bagels are done pull them out and put a slice of cheese on one side. Then top with the rest of the eggs & Sausage.
Tips & Tricks:
- You can cook all your patties at once and then save the extras for the rest of the weeks breakfasts or you can put the tube of sausage in a ziplock and use it for something else.
- The longer you cooke your egg the “harder” it will be (the yolk). If you take it off early the yolk (yellow) will be runny and gooey and messy–and probably delicious.
- It’s better to err on the side of overcooked when it comes to sausage because its hard to dry that stuff out, but its easy to serve it undercooked.
Thanks for visiting Bachelor Cooking! If you enjoy this recipe then share it with a friend.