Pork Chops & Potatoes
Meat so tender it falls off the bones and flavor so good it will make bachelors’ mouths water just thinking about it. Gentleman, prepare yourself for Bachelor Cookings version of Pork Chops and Potatoes.
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 12 hrs
- Pork Chops (I buy the family size pack so I can have leftovers)
- Tony Chachere’s Famous Creole Seasoning
- Oil (olive or vegetable)
- Chili Powder
- Coat the pork chop pieces in a healthy (read: a lot but not too much) amount of Tony’s. Also a pinch of chili powder and a pinch of paprika. Then place into a slow cooker (crock-pot) on low.
- Stab the potatoes with a fork a few times then place the potatoes (whole) in the slow cooker as well. Cook for 6 hours and then remove.
- After you take out the potatoes you can let them sit until an hour before you are ready to eat. Then slice them into thin pieces and coat them with oil, Tony’s, chili powder, and paprika; season them to the level of spice/taste you want. Then lay them on a baking sheet and put them in the oven at 350° for about 20-30 min (flip them once about half way through–use a spatula).
Tips & Tricks:
- 12hr cook time is a best guess at what it will take to make tender pork chops, but it depends on the cut and the amount of meat. Monitor it and cook them until they’re tender. Remember, the key to crock-pot cooking is “Slow & Low” (low heat for a very long time).
- Check on the pork chops every couple of hours if possible. There is usually enough fat/juices in the meat to keep it tender, but if they start to look dry at any point splash them with a little oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pot).
- Pull the potatoes out of the oven when they look golden brown. If you want them crispier cook them longer.
Give a bachelor some food and he’ll eat for a day; teach that bachelor to cook and he’ll eat for life.