Spicy Chipotle Joe’s
In this recipe, Bachelor Cooking tackles an old classic and remixes it with some spice that will have you flashing back to a summer camp cafeteria you only wished you could have experienced.
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 35 min
- Hamburger Buns
- 1 (7-ounce) can Chipotle Chiles in adobo sauce
- 3 lbs of Ground Beef/Turkey
- 4 (or more) slices of Bacon
- Jalepeño (sliced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 2 small Yellow Onions (diced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar (Substitute Honey or regular sugar)
- 1 16oz can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Slices of cheese for topping (swiss or pepper jack)
- Fry bacon in a Cast Iron Skillet. When done remove and set aside.
- On medium heat in the same skillet cook the onions and bell peppers in the bacon grease. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and ground meat (turkey or beef) and cook until meat is browned and cooked through.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except jalepeño and cheese) and mix well.
- Simmer for another 20 minutes over low heat.
- Serve between toasted buns with a slice of cheese and a few ‘peño slices.
Tips & Tricks:
- Goes well with potato chips and a cold beverage.
Bookmark Bachelor Cooking and visit often.