Lemon Salmon & Veggies
This is a great dish for bachelors to use when they want to impress a lovely lady. It’s also super healthy for those looking to stay fit. For your enjoyment, Bachelor Cooking presents: Lemon Salmon and Veggies (wrapped in bacon).
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 30 min
- Asparagus (full bundle)
- Bacon (half a package)
- Salmon (2 – fresh is better, but frozen is usually cheaper)
- 2 Lemons cut into slices
- Box of Couscous (something like this)
- 1 Can of Black Beans (drained)
- Handful of torn/cut Cilantro
- Lemmon Pepper
- 1 tspn Sugar
- Aluminum Foil
- Cut the lower hard part off of the asparagus and discard. Then wrap the asparagus (in groups of 3 or 4) with bacon. Place on a greased (spray with with non-stick cooking spray) baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 min at 375°.
- Prep the salmon: make sure its defrosted (if it was frozen), put lemon slices on it, some salt, some lemon-pepper, and wrap it in foil.
- When the asparagus has been in the oven for 10 minutes, drop the temp to 325°, add the fish and cook for about 20 more min.
- While the fish and veggies are cooking, following the instructions on the box for the couscous. Add in the drained beans, torn cilantro, salt, sugar and squeeze some lemon in there as it’s finishing cooking.
Tips & Tricks:
- Fish is done cooking when it flakes apart when you poke it with a fork. If it looks like jello when you poke it cook it longer. If it’s hard and tough you cooked it too long.
- The veggies should still have a little crunch to them if you want any nutrition out of them.
- Couscous needs to be fluffed with your fork to keep it light and airy.
Bachelor Cooking is a unique venture of Foremost Creative.