Normally when I’m at a restaurant like Chipotle® I prefer to get a child sized burrito, but I created this recipe for the burrito bowls because I have yet to find a tortilla that can even come close to theirs. Bachelor Cooking presents our version of a Burrito Bowl!
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 25 min
- Rice (long grain; white) – 2 cups
- Black Beans (optionally with garlic & onions) – 1 can
- Chicken Breasts (thawed) – 2 breasts
- Pico De Gayo
- Cheese (white cheddar, queso fresco, or whatever you have)
- Sour Cream (or Mexican Crema)
- Lime – 1
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Fajita type seasoning for the chicken
- Tortilla Chips
- Season the chicken with something tasty and mexican then throw it on the grill (or the George Foreman®) and start it cooking.
- Next, turn your attention to the rice. I use a rice cooker, if you don’t–you’re on your own. Pour in the rice and the water, then add 2 tbsp of butter. Add the juice from half of your lime to that and turn it on and let it cook.
- Keep an eye on the chicken. Flip it as you need, you want it to be cooked all the way through without being dry and tough.
- Open the can of beans and drain and rinse them.
- When the rice is finished add the juice from the other half of the lime and stir in a handful of chopped cilantro.
- Mix everything together with the proportions you like, and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks:
- I had slow-cooked some beef the other day and had leftover brisket so I added it “Barbacoa” style.
- If you prefer pinto to black–just substitute them–same with just about anything on here.
- I wanted to add a corn salsa, but I couldn’t find a good one in the store.
- This makes great leftovers, instead of storing everything separate, mix it all together and store it in a lunch sized tupperware.
Thanks for reading! We hope you enjoy these quick and tasty recipes from the Bachelor Cooking kitchen.