Chicken Pad Thai
Chicken Pad Thai is one of my favorite Asian Meals. It’s got pieces of chicken tossed and stir fried with rice noodles in a tangy, sweet, and savory sauce. Pleasing to any palate.
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 15 min
- Chicken Breast (2 lbs. chopped into bite size pieces)
- Box of Pad Thai Rice Noodles (1/2)
- Oil (4 tablespoons; vegetable)
- Garlic (3 cloves; minced)
- Green Onion (1/3 bundle chopped)
- Peanuts (roasted, salted; crushed)
- Egg (2)
- Sauce (1 bottle)
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and toss into a wok (that has a bit of oil in it) over medium heat.
- Pour some sauce (about 1/4 bottle) onto the chicken as it cooks.
- Fill a pot with HOT water and set your noodles in their to soften for 5 min.
- Stir the chicken in the wok and add all the garlic and most of the peanuts.
- Stir the chicken some more and add a little more oil and add the noodles.
- Pour more of your sauce (1/4 bottle) onto the chicken and noodles and stir them around.
- Now make a hole in the middle of the pan by pushing the chicken and noodles to the edges. Add more oil and crack your two eggs into the middle to cook.
- Once they start to cook (turn white) mix everything together again.
- Keep stirring and add Green Onions and more Peanuts.
- Add more oil if it gets sticky.
Tips & Tricks:
- If you don’t have a wok, you can pick one up pretty cheap; or use a large frying pan.
- If you’re feeling rushed or stressed turn the heat down and cook it low and slow.
- Add more or less sauce depending on how you like it to taste.
Thanks for visiting Bachelor Cooking. Let us know if you like these recipes by tweeting at us: @Bachelor_Cookin