Fresh Fish is hard to come by in some land-locked states, but fortunately a friend went fishing recently and brought home some beautiful trout which they were kind enough to share with me. If you have a smoker (electric or traditional) give this recipe a try with your next fish.
Prep Time: 25 min Cook Time: 2 hrs 15 min
Ingredients for Smoked Trout:
- 2 Trout (heads removed or not–it’s up to you)
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 stick of butter
- Seasonings: Thyme, Oregano, Salt, Pepper
Directions for Smoked Trout:
- Our Trout Fish was already gutted/cleaned; so that step isn’t included, but make sure your is as well.
- Melt your butter and pour it over your fish.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the buttery fish.
- Delicately set some lemon slices on top.
- Place in the smoker at 160º for just over 2hrs or until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 145º and flakes easily with a fork.
Ingredients for Tomato Relish:
- 3 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Red Onion (just a bit)
- Olive Oil
Directions for Tomato Relish:
- Chop up the tomatoes discarding the mushy middle.
- Mince the garlic and the red onion and mix together with the tomato.
- Add some olive oil and salt
Tips & Tricks:
- The fish still has a ton of bones–so watch out!
- If you cook it correctly, you should be able to pull the spine and the ribs out in one motion–but there may still be some tiny straggler bones.
- You can also serve this over a bed of rice or with a nice salad
Thanks for visiting Bachelor Cooking. If you are looking for more recipes for guys check the archives or categories on the left or the tags on the right!