Bruschetta is an Italian term that describes a variety of dishes that usually involve some delicious bread with something (tomatoes) on top. Traditionally, this is served as an “antipasto” or appetizer, but it’s so good that it makes a great snack, appetizer, or if you make enough, a nice light lunch.
I whipped this up tonight because I had some tomatoes that had been sitting around too long and I didn’t want them to go bad and have to be thrown out. So I put those little guys too good work on this delicious and easy Tomato Bruschetta appetizer.
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 5 min
- 1/2 carton of Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs (optional)
- Italian Seasoning
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Sprinkles of Feta Cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic
- One small French Bread Loaf
- Put a small pan on the stove (set to medium-high heat) and drizzle a little olive oil in there.
- Mince the garlic and then toss it into the pan. Move it around with a fork or wooden spoon until it browns. Turn off the heat and put the garlic in a bowl.
- Cut up the tomatoes into small pieces and add to the garlic in the bowl.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil and then sprinkle with feta cheese and Italian seasonings.
- Optionally, if you have some fresh thyme or basil those are really nice. And you can also substitute Parmesan cheese for the feta; it’s different, but still really good.
- Lastly, lightly butter the bread and broil on high on the top rack of your oven. But watch it closely and pull it out just as it starts to turn golden. This doesn’t take but a couple minutes.
This is a great dish to make for those evenings when you’re calling your girl over to Netflix-and-chill. You can wow her with your newfound culinary skills and then enjoy an excellent sic-fi-kung-fu-period-piece-thriller.
Nothing about this dish is that hard, really it just takes a bit a time to chop all the tomatoes, and a watchfulness to make sure you don’t burn the garlic or the bread.
If you’re interested in other easy and quick meals that you or your roommates could whip up in a hurry, check out some of the other great recipes on this site!
Thanks for visiting BachelorCooking.us