Quinoa (pronounced: KEEN-wah) is like a distant relative of rice and belongs to that family of grains. When you mix it with delicious foods like beans, avocado, and some onions it takes on a light and savory flavor.
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 12 min
- Quinoa (1 cup)
- Black Beans (1 can / drained)
- Avocado (1)
- Chicken Broth / Bouilon (~2 tblspn)
- Water (2 cups)
- The Juice of One Lime
- Garlic (2 cloves / minced)
- Red Onion (handful / chopped)
- Jalapeño (0.5 / minced / without seeds)
- Cilantro (0.5 of one bunch / finely chopped)
- Follow package instructions to cook Quinoa.
- Drain & Rinse the Black Beans.
- Saute Jalapeño, Garlic, & Red Onion in a Cast Iron Skillet.
- After the Quinoa is cooked; Beans are rinsed; and Pepper, Onion, Garlic is sautéed; stir everything together and add the lime juice and cilantro to flavor.
Tips & Tricks:
- You can eat this as a whole meal or serve it as a side dish.
Thanks for visiting Bachelor Cooking!