Roasted Plum and Honey Goat Cheese Toast
A neighbor of ours has a plum tree and gave us a bunch of his plums. I was pretty excited because I love fresh local fruit (and free is the best). But I quickly got tired of just eating plain plums by themselves, so I had to get a bit inventive. After some experimenting I found a great combination of ingredients that deliver a delicious savory-sweet breakfast toast that will jump start your day.
If you’ve got some stone fruits lying around or you see them on sale at the store pick them up and make this easy breakfast meal. Your body will thank you.
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 7 min
- Whole Grain Toast (I like Dave’s Bread)
- Goat Cheese
- Cut the plums in half and rip out the pit. Then cut those halves in half.
- Take the 1/4 pieces of plum and put them in the oven on “Broil” for 5-7 min.
- Toast the bread while the plums cook.
- When the toast pops up, spread with goat cheese and drizzle with honey.
- Smear your cooked plums on top when they’re finished.
You can really use as much goat cheese, honey, and plums as you want. This isn’t a hard and fast recipe–feel free to experiment and make it to what you think taste’s best.
This is a great breakfast to help you eat more of the food pyramid; grains, dairy, fruit, sugars, it’s got most of them.
We hope you enjoy this breakfast. If you’re interested in more recipes like this one, sign up for our email newsletter or like us on Facebook.